Author Topic: A Welcome to those from TacticalGamer.com  (Read 3717 times)

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A Welcome to those from TacticalGamer.com
« on: March 01, 2020, 02:43:41 AM »
Did you enter www.TacticalGamer.com and then found yourself here? Us too!

Well, TacticalGamer announced Jan 21, 2020 that the doors would be closing at the end of Feb 2020. On Feb 29th, yesterday, I began to get emails notifying me of spam on this site from Apophis. He was/is the owner of Tactical Gamer. He had shut down the TG site and all traffic was beginning to be re-routed to our forums. Thanks Apo for the boost to moral and in support you have given our efforts to keep the TG spirit intact.

So if you have found yourself here, then welcome fellow TG brethren. We hope that in these forums you may find something from the past and the future that speaks to the way you play games and treat your fellow gamers.
I know that the Squad guys went one way and the Planetside guys went another and we here at PRG wish them all the best! We hope you all feel welcome to create an account and stop by to play some of games with us. The same rules apply here as were at TG, so you should feel right at ease. Kick back and game on!

|TG189|Unkl - |PRG|Unkl
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:46:24 AM by Unkl »

ARTILA
    • View Profile
Re: A Welcome to those from TacticalGamer.com
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:55:55 AM »
Thanks for opening your doors to us Unkl spend most of my time playing WOT

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 04:50:44 AM »
@Artila - Glad you guys are now dropping in and using the resources we have for you. I'll have to join you for a game sometime soon, if you can still play with someone at the newb level!

tbracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 05:23:11 PM »
HOWDY

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 01:47:12 AM »
A hearty howdy back atchya tbracer! Thanks for saying hello! Now there has got to be a game around here somewhere!

Damonte
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 07:19:01 AM »
Glad to see this site continuing the ArmA tradition. I won't be participating, but I thought I'd drop in and wish you well.

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 11:51:43 AM »
Unkl is very pleased to see a post from Damonte! Good to see you sir. Hope the world is your oyster and pop on by anytime!

BigGaayAl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 03:06:41 PM »
Hi Unkle and others. I'm glad to see this, thank you. I am still quite sad TG is gone. And as I was playing squad, I checked at least one of the splinter groups. But for me I cannot feel at home in a community that doesn't have an inspiration similar to the TG primer.

So I am glad to see some that also feel that way. I love playing with a group. But since discovering TG a loooong time ago I can't go back to playing with groups that are just clans.

Hopefully we can create something similar perhaps updated for the era of social media.

I see numbers aren't high right now. I too just got sent here trying to see if the forums were still up. I wish I had saved certain posts and contacts :/. I'll be checking in now and then, and hopefully some people will play the games I'm interested in. At the moment this is mostly Mount and Blade BAnnerlord.

Zulnex

• Truck driver five days a week - gamer on weekends.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 01:34:01 PM »
Hello everyone. Like others, I also miss the good old days at TG (joined in 2008). Hopefully the numbers here will grow so maybe one day we can have a dedicated Squad server. I stopped playing Squad after TG had shut down. None  of the other communities come even close to what TG used to be.

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 02:53:03 AM »
BigGaayAl and Zulnex welcome to our new home!

Right now we have one dedicated box and few supporting members but this is growing. We haven't been too interested in creating any "snatch-n-grab" situation of players on the remaining TG communication channels (Discord or Steam groups). I think it's telling that all the groups created at the end of TG respect each other. Each has a different take on how to navigate the changes in the social world of gaming.

We at first thought that we wouldn't need forums but it soon became clear that Discord/Steam/TS3 alone can't create the place for conversations like this one. So we are very glad to have more of you putting up with the anti-spam measures and getting your first 5 posts in!

While we don't have the ability to add another full time hosted game on the current box, that doesn't mean we can't set something up as an event if there is interest. We might even look at specific days for specific titles to grow a base from.

Battledragun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 04:04:24 PM »
Evening everyone, played with TG for quite some time and am looking to get back into FPS.