Author Topic: PRG WeDCSdays are here!  (Read 569 times)

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Supporting Member
    • View Profile
PRG WeDCSdays are here!
« on: April 19, 2020, 09:03:43 PM »
PRG WeDCSdays

Yes you heard it right! DCS is coming in strong in Covid April...we know you got time to learn how to practically fly!

No private license hours needed, we need you in combat ASAP!

But we might run some right hand patterns, some hops, some targeting training, some formation "tactical blobs" .... along the way. Anywho, we are new to DCS, so if you are not we can pay you in bytescoins. By that we mean we will try not to byte too badly. But in all not seriousness, seriously, we will be playing DCS and invite you to join us.

We currently have DCS-SRS installed. Get it here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/wiki
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:11:46 PM by Unkl »

Unkl

• Site Administrator
  • Supporting Member
    • View Profile
Re: PRG WeDCSdays are here!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 10:04:53 AM »
It's WeDCSday again!

I got my CCIP ready. Like Intel said I can now line up the thing on the other thing and click the thing to drop something. We got this down pat!

Now, today the personal goal is to learn how to radar some stuff and then make it disappear from the radar. I think part one of that will be attainable anyway.

Might see if I have more missions to upload later too.

CANADAVE

• View Profile
Re: PRG WeDCSdays are here!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 11:29:33 AM »
My checklist...

- set a GPS target on the ramp (preferably that stupid mountain top sam site) and destroy with JDAMs
- Laser deployment of 65E maverick using TGP
- buddy lasing -  have someone deploy a LGB or laser maverick to my laser code  (or vice versa). I can help someone setup their TGP for Laser spot search (just make sure you take an AGM65E or Laser guided bomb :)
-use hud ID targets of opportunity, hand off to TGP to designate a specific target  - then either CCIP bomb or laser bomb
- more HARM practice (they are so easy but buggy)
- IR maverick deployment...
- Tomcat seat time???

If anyone is interested I can do some basic instruction on the above  hornet systems (TGP,  CCIP bombing,  laser guided mavericks,  laser guided bombs,  GPS / coordinate guided bombs).

Also - if anyone just wants to hop in a jet and blow stuff up - I can assist in A10A, or F15C if you just want to hunt other planes.